JT Elementary News
Welcome back Wildcats! This year promises to be a one of a kind adventure. As we embark on our journey, here are some important things to keep in mind to keep the journey as smooth as possible:
- Please return the back to school paperwork so we have all your up-to date contact information including cell numbers, emails, and addresses.
- If there are custody concerns with your child(ren) please call Mrs. Cindy Flint at 525-6301 to ensure we have up-to-date court orders. We must have current copies.
- Communication is key to your child’s success. If an issue arises, please call your child’s teacher to discuss and problem solve. More often than not, we are not aware of the issue until you call us. Please refrain from posting negativity on social media or sending negative emails or seesaw messages. These serve no purpose and do not help to solve the problem. Please just give us a call. We love to hear from you!
- Often, updates are sent out in an email blast and/or phone blast. If your phone has the telemarketer block, you will not get the call. If we do not have correct emails, you will also not get the message. Please confirm that we have your correct contact information on the back to school paperwork.
- Please stay up-to-date on all our district-wide events by clicking on the K-12 Event Calendar on the top of our webpage: jtcsd.org
- There are bound to be many updates sent down from the state education department and/or the health department regarding COVID. Please be patient and flexible as we continue to navigate this situation throughout this school year. Please also understand that many of these issues are outside of our circle of control.
- Please send a detailed note with your child if there are to be any transportation changes. Please do not email, send seesaw messages, or leave voicemails concerning transportation changes. Please speak directly to Mrs. Cindy Flint to make bus changes via phone.
- Parent drop off time is 8:00 am, please park in the parking lot and walk your child to the steps. If you are picking your child up in the afternoon, pick-up time is 3:10 pm. Please wait in the grassy area by the parking lot or on the sidewalk for your child. Please be sure to send in a note or call Mrs. Cindy Flint if this is a change from the normal dismissal routine for your child.
- If your child is ill, please keep them home and give Mrs. Terwilliger a call at 525-6301.
Leader in Me will continue to be in full swing this year! This year, our school-wide WIG (wildly important goal) is to have all students scoring on grade level in math and ELA as measured by iReady results. We are excited to begin this journey and we will keep you updated on your child’s progress towards this goal. Students will be setting individual WIGS to support the school-wide WIG and will be measuring their progress on their lead measures along the way. It is a very powerful lifelong skill to be able to set goals and work towards achieving them. iReady reports will come home 3 times a year. iReady replaces MAP as one measure of progress that we use to gauge how well our students are learning. We moved to iReady to help with consistency since grades 7-8 were already using iReady.
Please be on the lookout for information regarding afterschool homework help and other afterschool club opportunities. This information will be coming home in the near future.
On September 23rd, from 6:00-7:30 pm, we are planning an open house. Remember that masks are required in order to enter the building. We look forward to seeing you then! Have a wonderful September!
All the best,